The top 50 abstracts submitted for an oral presentation (before the May 31st deadline) that receive the highest review scores, as determined by the Abstract Review Committee, will be published.
- The Journal of Emergency Medicine (JEM) and the Western Journal of Emergency Medicine (WestJEM) will publish the top oral abstracts that receive the highest review scores, as determined by the MEMC-GREAT 2015 Abstract Review Committee.
- The Mediterranean Journal of Emergency Medicine (Med-JEM) will publish online all oral abstracts that are accepted and presented at the MEMC-GREAT 2015.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is:
31 May 2015 for oral presentation
15 July 2015 for poster presentation
Only abstracts that have been submitted in final form on and before the deadline of 31 May 2015 will be considered for the award competition and for publication as one of the "top-scoring" abstracts at MEMC-GREAT 2015.
Eligibility & Rules
- Members of AAEM as well as non-members are eligible to submit abstracts.
- All health care professionals, physicians, nurses, paramedics, students, administrators and other medical providers are all encouraged to participate.
- Submitting an abstract does not register you for MEMC-GREAT 2015. You must register for the Congress.
- The Research Forum will consider for acceptance abstracts that have been previously presented at other national, regional, and international scientific meetings.
- Abstracts can be submitted strictly online via the abstract submission link.
- Begin the online abstract submission process.
- First, register your personal data (under “Register your Data”).
- Then, click on the "Submit an abstract” button to access the submission instructions and outline of the submission process.
- Paper and disk submissions will NOT be accepted. MEMC-GREAT 2015 organizers expect that all submitted abstracts will not be withdrawn. Please do not submit an abstract if you are not able to travel to the Congress and present it in the form selected.
Review Process and Scoring Criteria
Abstracts will be peer-reviewed in blinded fashion. Abstract scoring and acceptance will be based strictly on merit.
Authors will be notified if their abstract has been selected for oral or poster presentation as soon as the review is complete and no later
than early August. Further details regarding placement as an oral or poster presentation, as well as date of presentation will follow as soon as possible. If you do not receive any notification of your abstract's status, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The Final Schedule for Presentation will be provided by early August.
The dimensions of posters should not exceed 120cm in height and 95cm in width. Authors of accepted posters will be informed about exhibition date and discussion method.
NOTE TO ALL SUBMITTERS: POSTER DIMENSIONS ARE GREATER IN HEIGHT THAN IN WIDTH. PLEASE PREPARE YOUR POSTER ACCORDINGLY.
- The complete abstract must not exceed 180 characters for the TITLE and 340 words / 2800 characters for the BODY.
- Type the text, including tables and figures, in single-line spacing.
- FONT: Use only Times New Roman 11. Do not use smaller or larger Font.
- TITLE: capitalize the entire title.
- TEXT: begin the text on a new line. The text should be arranged to the following headings: objective, design and method, results and conclusions
- Spell out words.
- Do not use abbreviations.
- The title and text cannot include advertising of any product or company.
PowerPoint™ for PC is the only acceptable presentation format for oral abstract presentations. Apple software users should save their presentation in a PowerPoint™ or pdf format. 35mm slides and overhead transparency will not be accepted. Oral presentation slides are due at the Ergife Palace Hotel Speaker Ready Room 24 hours in advance of the researcher’s presentation. Flash drives or personal computers are not permitted for use in meeting spaces to broadcast presentations. Please plan accordingly.
MEMC-GREAT 2015 Oral Presentations PowerPoint™ Slide Template