NAEMSP® EMS Medical Direction Overview Course™
Saturday, September 5, 2015, 8:00am-5:00pm
The National Association of Emergency Medicine Services Physicians (NAEMSP) ® is the preeminent organization for EMS medical directors, and it has offered the NAEMSP® EMS Medical Direction Overview Course™ for a number of years. The distinguished faculty are recognized as experts in various aspects of pre-hospital and disaster medicine/management. This interactive course focuses on EMS in the “real world” and serves to enhance physicians’ expertise in EMS issues and is an awareness course to provide the student with the scope of components of medical oversight activities, their implications, and incorporation into decision making in EMS systems.
Organizing Society Member (AAEM, GREAT, MAEM): €165*
Members of Supporting Societies: €185*
*Box lunch included as part of the registration fee.
- Describe the process for implementation and review of protocol, policy and procedure development.
- Identify special issues and unique considerations related to clinical care protocol in the pre-hospital setting.
- Define the role of medical oversight for all aspects of the delivery of out-of-hospital care.
- Discuss the components and challenges in conducting pre-hospital research.
- Recognize the impact of applicable state laws, rules and regulations on EMS medical oversight and the EMS medical director.
Personnel and Education
EMS System and Responsibilities
EMS Specific Discussions
Questions and Answers
Jane H. Brice, MD MPH
David K. Tan, MD EMT-T FAAEM
Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, USA
Theodore R. Delbridge, MD MPH
Brody School of Medicine at ECU, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA